Friday, April 17, 2009

Melt-a-ways


2 Squares butter
3/4 Cup cornstarch
1/3 Cup powdered sugar
1 Cup flour

Cream butter till fluffy, then add rest of the ingredients and mix well.

Put dough in a cake decorating bag, and squeeze onto wax paper - so it looks like a long worm.
Cover, put in fridge and chill for 1 hour. Slice into size you want. You can make them very small to be bite-sized. Bake at 350 for 8 - 10 min. Let cool, put a drop of icing on top.

Frosting:
3 oz. cream cheese
1 Cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Another variation: One day my friend brought me some melt-a-ways from a bakery in Bountiful. They were regular cookie-sized. So, the last time I made this recipe, I chilled the dough for one hour, then used my ice-cream/cookie scoop and dropped them onto the cookie sheet in a regular cookie form. They were yummy that way too!

No comments: