Sunday, July 17, 2011

Fried Bread and AmAzInG Honey Butter!

ok ... it's been a LONG while since we've posted {me too} ... I guess I've been in a cooking rut and just do the same things over and over! I'm trying hard to break that so I will try to get some posts up soon of some of the new things I'm trying out in the kitchen :) Sharon ... Thanks for jumpstarting this blog!! You are amazing!

so the other night we decided we needed a little bedtime snack and there is nothing better then fried bread and honey butter! so I called Momma Cindy and between Sis, Nin and her I got this yummy recipe! ENJOY!!





2 Tbsps sugar
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp yeast
2 Tbsp oil

mix this together in a big metal bowl {I just used my kitchenaid and left it in the bowl to rise}

then add: 1 1/2 cups of warm water and mix it until it dissolves.
then add: 3 1/2 cups of flour {can add a little more if it's really sticky}






let this rise with greased plastic wrap or a hot dish towel over the top. once it's raised up {usually an hour} break pieces off, flatten and cook in hot oil on the stove top.




NOW for the topping! I found this recipe on Our Best Bites and I made half of what they called for and it was the perfect amount!

1 cube butter
3/8 cup honey {just over 5 Tbsps}
1/2 cup powdered sugar {just under 1/2 cup}

whip this together until smooth and it is perfection!





3 comments:

Candace Shiflet said...

I love this blog! such good recipes to try . yay :)

Lovely Little Rants

Anna said...

I like your recipe! This food looks nice and delicious! Thanks! Healthoop

Sarathi Banking said...

yummy food kindly visit us @ Bank Exam coaching centre in Tirupur